Tuesday, July 21, 2009

1933 Justino's Malmsey Madeira $300


This was a wine or Madeira that I had been wanting to taste for years. This is the reason I got into the wine world.

The color of the beauty was like a light suede jacket. The nose was worth just sitting there and sniffing for a few days. With loads of caramel, butterscotch, and rusted nuts...I was willing to take the rest of the day off.

On the palate it had good dryness and light hints of cocoa, lime and more nuts. There was also a light hint of field grass.

Overall, this was something I was proud to put my name behind. It had enough acidity to last another 20 years but why would I want to wait? I want all my friends to try it. Maybe the reason why I bought 6 bottles.

Tasted 1/07 while assessing a cellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment