Sunday, September 20, 2009

2006 Betz Family Winery Syrah, La Côte Rousse. Red Mountain $75.00


First let say that this Syrah is almost black with a rich red rim. On the nose, rich spices, dried herbs and a hint of mocha/latte. On the palate this wine makes you stand up. Let me say that as a 2006, it should sit for another few years! On the palate black pepper comes to mind with very light hints of dark chocolate. The wine is perfectly balanced with the tannins being huge but still within the white line. I do know Bob Betz, MW to say that I have taken some wine lessons from him while I was working at Chateau Ste. Michelle and that he is someone I look up too in the wine world. He is a man of his word and makes wines that are made to drink and age. Damn good shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment