Saturday, May 7, 2011

2004 Valdicava Brunello di Montalcno $100/ Vinifera Tasting


This is one of those wines you want to try with friends. You will be the hit of the party as you should for opening this beauty. Although the price in the State of Washington is a bit much due to the 3-tier system, it is still one of those wines that makes your head spin. On the nose there was some pretty rich tree-fruit with a helping of spices. Palate-wise the tannins were still pretty firm yet had a sweet style to them. Seemed to last for over a minute until the next sip. I sometimes regret bringing Nicole to these tastings with me as she has a great palate and tends to like wines like this. I can almost see her writing '6-pack' next to her notes. Oh well, I keep telling myself it is an investment that I will never see a return on cause we'll drink them all up. This is a beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment