Thursday, May 5, 2011

2008 Domaine de Montille Meursault, Aux Narvaux du Dessours $70/ Burgundy Tasting

I know that some people might scream when they hear that you would buy a $70 white wine but would you rather by a $3 piece of crap wine that is high in alcohol, nasty and huge tannins and is unbalanced so bad you have to force your way to finish it or spend a few pesos and buy a bottle that you will truly enjoy and look back after you are done and say "That was Amazing"?

If you are like me you will do that latter. There was a light-hint of hair spray but in a good way with lots of citrus and soft green apple notes. On the palate it was citrus-spicy with some wet minerals and a nice smooth finish. I know tons of people who would enjoy this and yes it is kind of a lot of money for a white (I don't think so cause I know what you are getting) but when it comes to quality, you are paying for a top-notch Meursault. What else do you want? Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment