Sunday, August 14, 2011

2002 Betz Family Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Pére de Famille


Today was a good day to break out the last bottle of 2002 Betz Pére de Famille. We decided to pair it up with a nice Kobe beef fillet mignon's we got from the butcher. The steak was amazing but I'll talk about that in a later post!

The wine was well...out of this world. I can't remember what I paid for the bottle but I can tell you it was worth it! I opened her and gave the first sniff to Nicole as she was talking to her mother. Meat was already grilling so I wanted the wine to breathe a little. Gave her the glass and she just looked at me as if I just shot the dog.

The wine smelled amazing, hints of light coffee, black cherry, rich soil and some kind of candy. On the palate it was slicker than snot on a brass door knob. I mean really, this might have been one of the most balanced wines I have ever tasted. With more red and dark fruit on the palate, very light spices and very soft tannins, this thing was sublime.

The only sad part was that this was the only bottle left. The best part was being able to pair it up with some quality meat and having Nicole to share it with. We finished the bottle which is something we normally don't do. She told me will be bringing all of Bob's wines into the shop and will be making sure people taste them. I have to agree. Bob your wines deserve the utmost respect and this one put a smile on both of our faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment