Tuesday, August 2, 2011

2007 Luigi Borsca Malbec Reserva $20


I've tried the reserva Malbec from Luigi Borsca a few times before and have come to the conclusion that each time it seems to be getting more rich and concentrated each time. I honestly feel like they are chasing the point band-wagon rather than working with what the land is giving them.

Pretty rich in color and on the nose it has a dose of dark tree fruit. On the palate it was more like sucking on a piece of iron. Hints of light coffee and what I thought was a root but I could not nail it down for sure. Finish was pretty long and decent.

As you can see the wine had only a little taken from it so I'll go with that for now. Would like to re-taste say after an hour or so. I'm thinking that the air-time will let her open up and the fruit will come out.

No comments:

Post a Comment