Wednesday, September 14, 2011

2007 Arnoux et Fils Jean-Marie Vacqueyras


I really need to stop bringing Rhone wines home for Nicole. As I thought, she loved it and it paired perfect with our Sunday night fillet mignon, which we had on Monday night due to us staying at the cabin till Monday afternoon.

So some have been asking me how I pronounce some of the french wine regions so here I'll toss out a bone. OK, not really since I'm the worst at pronouncing regions than anyone. This region is the lovely region of Vacqueyras AOC [vah-kay-hras]. This wine holds a helping amount of 70% Grenache.

Almost purple in color with a nice hue of dark red on the rim. Loads of blackberry fruit and some good spices like pepper on the nose. On the palate this sucker is pretty nice with more black fruit and now the wet leather. Spices and tannins were there but seemed to mellow a bit after we let her breathe for about an hr.

The finish was more or less the same on the palate except it seemed to want to linger around as if it was walking away over the hill but still waving to say goodbye. At only $15 or so a bottle this is a beauty of a bottle that I plan to have in the shop and in the cellar. Goes great with grilled meat or just for that lazy afternoon while reading the latest Bill Bryson book.

No comments:

Post a Comment