Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2009 Owen Roe Abbot's Table



This is one of my favorite wines from Owen Roe. Always has and I'm pretty sure it always will be. Nicole and I picked up a skirt steak that was over a yard long so I had to cut it in half just so it would fit on the BBQ. Cracked open Abbot's about 40 mins before we needed it in order to let her breathe a bit. As for the blend...9 different grapes and on that note I'll let you break down the percentages as it rages from 25% down to 1%. Have fun with that.

Wine is very well balanced and smooth on the mouth-feel. Rich notes of dark-tree fruit and overripe cherries. Tannins are very soft but has a slight spice at the end. It's not a bad spice but just something that kinda creeps up on you. Wine only see's around 6 months of oak. Went great with grilled meat. Would go great with pretty much anything in the house if I must say so.

The wine rolls on the shelf for about $20 which for the quality of the wine I would think it could hang around $28, glad it's not though. I'll have a stacker of this gem in the shop for the daily drinker wine around $20. Love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment