Saturday, April 25, 2009

2007 Agua de Piedra Gran Reserva Malbec $9.99


100% Malbec
Region: Mendoza, Argentina
Alcohol: 13.5%

This is one of the best Malbec's I have had in the last five years! From my importer Monsieur Touton, this wine might not be coming back in. The rumor is that it will be discontinued by them, which means I need to find out who will be importing the shit!

Wine is deep red in color with a dark red rim. This wine was made to age! Rich plum and black fruit on the nose with hints of chocolate and spices. It may even be a hint of the spice chai.

On the palate there is some very silk tannins but also some nice rich fruit with silk-soft tannins. I will have to secure myself a few cases. Wine can age for at least 5 years but taste great now if decanted. Good shit!

Tasted 4/25/09

No comments:

Post a Comment