Friday, April 22, 2011

2005 Archery Summit Pinot Noir Dundee Hills Renegade Ridge Estate $120


I'm a huge fan of Pinot Noir and have been since before the movie Sideways came out. I mean I'm glad they brought Pinot Noir to the attention of others but now it seems like the prices are so screwed up that nobody can even touch them. I mean this wine from Oregon is around $120. ITS FROM OREGON PEOPLE!

If this was from Burgundy then yeah I might drop that much on a bottle and I actually have many times but not from the US! I really need to do a side by side to see if they really are as good as wines from Burgundy.

That being said, my notes. Deep red in color with a great nose of cherry and blueberries. There was even a bit of pepper and some light floral notes. On the palate this thing was rich. Good minerals but the fruit was not showing as well as one might want. Good fruit, don't get me wrong but it will need a bit more time in the bottle before she is ready. Slightly sweet on the end but nothing like it should be. It was just a bit closed up. Cellar time will show this beauty what it takes to be a prom queen. Right now she is just a runner up. Maybe this Pinot does have what it takes to be a $120 bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment