Wednesday, April 20, 2011

2007 Cantele Primitivo $10.99/ Vias Tasting

I love the price of this wine as much as I love the rustic palate. 100% Primitivo, malo in stainless steel and aged in oak for 6 months. Color wise this wine is almost a shade less than iodine. On the nose this bitch has some spice and some dried herbs. The mouth feel is a little sharp yet still has a nice rustic taste to it. Almost rust-like as well on the palate. I actually love it. Great little daily driver to keep the heart red.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Santo, great post! Paolo Cantele reposted it over at the Cantele blog:

    http://cantelewines.com

    I know that Paolo is going to be in WA later this month... He's a super nice dude...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap, I'll talk my buddy at Vias to see if I can get a chance to mee up with him if it is not too later. Thanks Jeremy

    ReplyDelete