Sunday, December 18, 2011

2008 San Felice Campogiovanni Rosso di Montalcino

So you might not be able to see the bottle that well but it is in fact a Rosso di Montalcino Campogiovanni from San Felice. What can I say, I had a weak moment a few minutes ago and decided that being it is Sunday, I'm at the shop slinging vino and I've been busy so I thought I deserved a reward. I even had a few locals taste it as well, which in turn they bought a few bottles.

This Rosso is great and is already throwing off some sediment. Pretty bright in color with notes of spices, rich fruit and light pepper. On the palate it is more on the fruit side with very light hints of green stems. The finish is smooth and elegant with the tannins not bulling around. They are just kept in their place and slowly walk around when they need. For a $20 bottle this is amazing. I'm not fu*#ing around here! This really is a great bottle and I'm glad I took a hit in the shorts on my profits to pop this one open again. Just reminds me how much I love Italian wines.

Cheers

Santo

No comments:

Post a Comment