Friday, December 23, 2011

Bacalhôa Moscatel de Setúbal 2004 Colheita


So I was brought this little sticky on Thursday night and picked up 6 bottles. They were delivered to me by say around 2pm and after cracking a bottle for tasting to clients I was sold out in less than 20 minutes. Called my importer and told him I need another case. Got that about 2 hrs later and less than an hour later I'm down to 6 bottles. You think it's good?

Best part is thing is around $11 a bottle and will hold for months after being opened. The one I tried was opened for 8 months and was drinking like a champ.

Color is almost amber or a shade lighter. Rich notes of apricots, raisins and some light yet sweet herbs. On the palate the thing rocks out with its cock out! Has a zing to it with more ripe fruits and a little white pepper on the tip of the tongue but that dissipates pretty fast leaving a rich coating of love in the mouth. The finish lingers around like grandpa farting in the room.

It did pick up some press in that Decanter gave it a medal for something like best sweet wine under $10 or something. Being that I read Decanter and they actually know what is going on in the wine world, I'll say I agree.

This wine will sit around for months before it goes tits up. The bottle I was tasted on was open for 8 months and it was still tasting amazing. Cheers my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment