Thursday, June 18, 2009

2003 Bodegas Ishmael Arroyo Val Sotillo Crianza, Ribera del Duero $24.99


I've tried this Crianza in the past, but never really gave it its full due. Since I was trying wines from Spain I decided to toss it into the bunch and see how it came out.

There was a nice garnet color with light hints of brown on the rim. On the nose there were a huge amount of spices and some pleasant wood and tobacco notes. The palate was a lot different than what my nose was picking up. More red fruit than anything with light hints of spices and more herbs. Overall it was a really nice Crianza, but I feel that it might be starting to fall apart. The finish was kind of light and it seemed to fade away faster than I wanted. That could be the nerd in me talking though.

Tasted 6/9/09

No comments:

Post a Comment