Tuesday, June 23, 2009

2007 Rudolf Müller Riesling Auslese, Mosel $16.99


I'm sorry mister, did you park your semi-truck near my nose?!

Almost hay-like in color. The nose of this $17 beast is to die for! This is why I got into the wine world. The nose is full of petrol notes with very-light hints of tropical fruit, maybe even a bit of jasmine in there.

The sugar level jumps out of your mouth like a bad case of the Hershey squirts! Acidity and balance in the key here. Wet rock, light mandarin and very crisp green apple hit the palate.

The finish is pretty soft yet still carries a bit of spice as it makes you wanting to take another sip. Thirst quenching yet refreshing. I wish more Americans knew about what was in these bottles. I'll will be visiting this winery in the late fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment