Friday, June 19, 2009

2006 Ancient Peaks Merlot, Margarita Vineyard, Paso Robles $14.99


I'm always kind of staying away from wines from California just for the fact that I'm getting tired of tasting the same of oak-bomb shit. Then my rep from North East Wine comes in a tasted me on this little jewel.

All the grapes for this Merlot come from the Margarita Vineyard in Paso Robles. The Merlot is a blend of 95% Merlot and 5% Malbec. The color of the wine is pretty much black or purple. Don't open this with a white shirt on! On the nose there are some great notes of black fruit and a hint of what reminded me od smoking cola sheesha. On the palate the wine was pretty decent in that it was balanced correctly and the tannins were pretty smooth. Light notes of spices and more black fruit finished off this Merlot. Really nice for the price!

Tasted 6/15/09 via North East Wine

No comments:

Post a Comment