Monday, July 11, 2011

2007 Nothrwest Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon $24/Northwest Cellars Tasting

First off let me say that the price for a nice Cab from Washington State should be around $24. That being said, at first glance this gem was nothing I had not seen before. Red wine, nice legs with little stains in it so good viscosity. Then I put my snout in her. There was a stink that made me want to know more about the wine. The wine itself is 80% Cab, 10% Petit Verdot and 10% Cab Franc and sourced from Les Collines Vineyard out of Walla Walla so this wasn't like I was trying something new yet I was picking up more dried flowers and wet herbs than normal. I did just blow my nose about an hour or so before so I know it was working OK. Cooked rhubarb and loads of dirt were to follow. On the palate it was pretty full-bodied yet not powerful enough to want to put down. If I had to give this any points I'd give it a zero since I don't give point. Finish was nice and even hung around. We are talking about a $24 Cab from home that I was impressed with. Yup its going to the shop. Now why are all the other wines from Walla Walla so much more money? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment