Sunday, July 24, 2011

2010 Muga Rioja Rose $13


I love a good Rose and don't care where it's from. Could be Spain, Washington or even out a jug. I just don't care as long as it taste good. This one is great so I was in luck. Thinking I was just going to hit up some Malbec today and this little treat was the starter.

Let start off with the color...It looked like something I used to drink before I was of age to drink. What was it now...Oh yeah, MD 20/20! The nose was something else though. Didn't smell like MD and sure hell didn't taste like MD either. Tropical fruit on the nose with a light hint of fresh sea air. Seemed to have some light peach lingering around as well. On the palate it was refreshing and clean. Very-lightly sweet but not like someone added sugar rather like it was picked at a high brix. Acidity and balance holds this betty in check. Would go great with a fresh salad or just by itself. Hell I could even read a book while enjoying this. I mean the book would be a quick one like Green Eggs and Ham, would still take me a few hours to finish though.

No comments:

Post a Comment