Tuesday, July 26, 2011

2010 Icon Cellars Viognier $20


I'll be honest...I know nothing about this winery! I do know one thing though...This wine was amazing. Pretty light in color yet with rich tropical fruit all over. You can really smell the soil on this one. I even picked up a little lime lingering around. On the palate this thing was a ball buster. Light on the mouth feel yet rich in flavor. Hints of candied green apples, light hints of Riesling with a very light touch of flint. Just sweet enough to make you stand up and beg for butter milk!

This Viognier reminds me of when Rulo came out with theirs and it blew us all away. I'd love to do a side by side with Icon, Syncline and Rulo and see what the masses think. Great job and I look forward to stacking this in the shop! This is what the people needed, a decent priced wine from Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment