Saturday, January 21, 2012

2010 Sharecroppers Pinot Noir & Cabernet Sauvignon



Well, here I am making sure the wines are ready for the tasting and the next thing I know is it's 20 minutes before the tasting cause I have been sniffing wine for the last hour or so.  The 2010 Pinot Noir from Sharecroppers is pretty soft on the palate with some solid fruit notes.  This is not a fruit bomb nor is it a high acidity HUGE tannic mower.  Wine is very soft and elegant.  The palate is really silky and it reminds me of that other place that grows Pinot Noir...at only $25 a bottle, this is one of the best Pinot's I've had from Oregon in years!

The 2010 Sharecropper's Cab Sauvignon is amazing for the $16 price tag.  There is a lot more going on in the wine than most people know.  The color is pretty rich and almost purple.  But get this, the legs are not stained.  On the nose black cherry, pencil shavings and hints of light toffee.  Maybe I'm strange.  The palate is rich yet pretty smooth.  Wine is balanced and the structure is killer.  Great stuff for $16!

No comments:

Post a Comment