Monday, January 2, 2012

That is one fine ahso!

So last night, I got a text message saying that a bottle of wine I had sold to a good friend was bad! They thought the cork was rotten as it was not able to be pulled out, and she wanted to know what she should do. At first I was concerned about the bottle, but then realized where she was and who was probably opening the bottle. I told her it sounded like the person who opened the bottle took a wine opener that has the wings, so rather than opening the bottle like a normal person, they just jammed the auger in the cork and ripped the auger out of the cork. People, don’t use these types of wine openers:

All they do is make you look like an idiot when trying to open a bottle. Then again some people just don’t want to learn how to open a bottle of wine the correct way. Or they are confused and are just waiting to be shown the correct way! For me the best way to open a bottle of wine is to use a nice ahso. I mean I love a good ahso. The way the cork slides right into the asho, thus gripping the sides making it so the cork has nowhere to go but up with the ahso. A couple soft turns and a light tug pulls the cork right up. Do yourself a favor and learn how to use an ahso. You might even have an ahso in your house already but never knew it was there. Maybe your friend has an ahso and they’ll let you borrow theirs? Either way, you need to get your hands on an ahso.

Maintaining your asho is pretty easy. Clean it off here and there. Try not to bend it too much and always make sure to cover your asho when you are done using it. For me there is no other way to open a nice bottle of wine, plus…only the truly gifted can use an ahso and use it well. So practice up my friends, and if you don’t have one, go out and get one. They’re pretty cheap at around $5. It is the cheapest ahso you can find. Here is what my ahso looks like and trust me, it is well used!


No comments:

Post a Comment