Wednesday, January 25, 2012

1952 Porto Kopke Colheita


They day started off pretty crappy in that I spilled my coffee my coffee all over the floor as soon as I opened the shop floor. Then I got a call from a rep telling me she had some stuff for me to try. It was the 1952 and 4 other Kopke Colheita’s. The color was pretty light in that it had a orange hue and seemed pretty thin. On the nose it was a whole other story with some orange-like citrus grabbing me, loads on steamed nuts and what I thought was mint? Palate was like coating my mouth with a layer of ripe citrus and maybe some cooked caramel. Finish was long and really nice. I only got a 1oz shot of the stuff but it was enough for me to task half of it and save the rest for the rest of the day. Amazing little tawny. I think my better half would shoot me if I picked a few up for the shop and for home. Tasted 5 different Kopke’s on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment