Tuesday, February 22, 2011

1982 Toro Albala Gran Reserva Don PX 375ml $34


So the picture I took with my phone does not do the color justice as this is black as a crayon with hints of brown on the rim. I was actually about to pick up a 1977 Madeira instead but knowing that this vintage is sold out and Nicole had never tried it I figure I could always go back and pick up the 77.

Imagine trying to press raisins until they squirt out juice. That's what is done in order to get the juice for this wine. The grapes are 100% Pedro Ximenez, dried then pressed. I've already told you about the color as you can see for yourself it is dark. On the nose it is amazing. Loads of rich raisins, hints of caramel with some licorice hanging around. On the finish..well let us just say this thing hangs around. Pour it over ice cream and drink it with some nuts or nice fresh fruit. Onc should always have a few of these on hand for special occasions.

No comments:

Post a Comment