Thursday, February 17, 2011

1991 Porto Kopke Vintage Port $N/A

By the time I got around to tasting the 1991 vintage port I was getting tired and it was getting packed. People bumping into each other and they were all drinking as I was the only one spitting.

This vintage port has always been one of my favorites and I think it is at ready to be polished off. Been in the bottle for almost 20 years, could sit from another but I really like where it is now.

Good plum notes with loads of dark cherries and a very long, silky finish. Still has some spices at the very end but that shows me that it wants you to remember that it is a vintage port. It was a great way to finish the night. For the Saturday part of the event we have the following wineries:

J.M. Cellars

Cossart Gordan Madeira

Kontos

Chappellet Winery

Smith Woodhouse Port

Page Cellars

Hestia

Pondera

Should make for another interesting day of tasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment