Thursday, February 10, 2011

2004 Talamonti kudos, Colline Pescaresi $29.99

Now we are talking some good shit. I was tasting these wines with two other people who love wine but are not nerds like I am. The first thing I noticed about the wine was the nose. The color..It was red people! The nose was something to die for. It reminded of the time when I was studying wine barrel staves from different parts of the world that make barrels. I nailed it on the first try yet had a hell of a time pronouncing the name of the forest where the wood was from since my French is so shitty.

There are five main forest where the wood is from; Allier, Trancais, Nevers, Limousin and Vosges of which this wine saw 24 total months of oak from Allier and Trancais then 12 more months in the bottle before being released to the public.

The nose of this wine was great. A blend of Merlot and Montepulciano, it had some pretty strong notes of black and blue vine fruit. Also has a few notes of vanilla and light chocolate notes that were hanging there as well. The palate was like having liquid silk in your mouth. Pretty big wine yet very smooth and gentle. I mean it was great, flat out! Fuck the Napa shit!

No comments:

Post a Comment