Friday, February 11, 2011

2007 Owen Roe The Parting Glass Late Harvest Semillon 375ml $24.99

Man do I like dessert wines. Something about the sugar level, nose of almost candy-like proportions and the simple fact that they taste so damn good. You could pour this thing over cheesecake and be happy! Clear with a light hay tint but with a nose of light floral notes and dehydrated pineapple with just a hint of wet rock. The palate pretty much coated my mouth like a nice aged cough syrup. The finish was.. you know what, just go buy a damn bottle. All you need to know is, it was good, and just for once, drop a few extra pesos and get something nice for yourself. Really. I'll leave you with the quote from The Parting Glass.

“But since it falls unto my lot that I should go and you should not,
I’ll gently rise and softly call, good night and joy be with you all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment