Friday, February 11, 2011

2003 Owen Roe Cabernet Sauvignon DuBrul Vineyard $64 (N/A)

So this was the bottle I brought in for everyone to try. I have a few and being that my wife does not drink and most of my friends won't see this as anything special I decided the best place to crack it was at a Owen Roe tasting. This was one of those times when I was actually scared that I might have a corked bottle. Where would I get another one of the same year? Nowhere.

When it came to the color she was all show. Deep red hue with a nice ruby rim. On the nose though shit was going on. Rich cherries and hints of spices. On the palate though this bitch was moving! Loads of fruit and tons of spices. The tannins were pretty calm until the end when I thought it was over then BAM the fuckers popped out again. Then like an eclipse, it went away slowly. This is the reason why I love Owen Roe. They make solid wines at great prices that are made to age but will drink well now. People were raising their glass to me and thanking me for bringing it. No no no, thank you for loving the wine and enjoying. Seeing the look on their faces told me they were pleased. So was I. One guy actually cracked a Rulo Syrah and gave me a glass. Shanti and I both loved it and at $20 per bottle for a 96 pointer...thank you sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment