Friday, February 11, 2011

2008 Rulo Sundance Vineyard un-oaked Chardonnay $19.99

I have to say that I have always like Rulo wines. They taste great, are not over priced and are just really nice people. There were some people a few weeks before who went over to Walla Walla for a weekend Tasting. Rulo was the one they were all raving about. The Chardonnay was nice but lacked what I thought was depth. First off there was no oak so none of those toasty or vanilla notes which is fine by me. More on the tropical side than anything with little notes of Lychee. On the palate I felt it was kinda flat. Just seemed to not hold on well and there was pretty good acidity but lacked the fruit that the nose had. Finish was just like the palate, nothing really to pull your crank about.

No comments:

Post a Comment