Thursday, February 10, 2011

2007 Stevens XY, Yakima Valley, Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon $42


OK so after tasting the Red Blend from Stevens I was really afraid of tasting the Reserve Cab. I was afraid it would be another reserve that just had the name tag not the quality that it should have. I was corrected!

This wine is nice! Deep red in the center with a nice burgundy rim. Doing good so far. Nose was amazing with hints of cherry, brown sugar and spices. She is winning me over. On the palate it was fuck-fest of fun. Loads of spices, lots of dark fruit and soft, silky tannins one might find on a cleanly shaven leg and like the leg...the finish went on forever. Normally I would walk away since the price was around $42 but in this case I would pick a few up and wait as long as I can. Decant this so you can get the real taste out of her. Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment