Thursday, February 10, 2011

2008 Betz Family Winery, La Cote Rousse, Red Mountain, Syrah $62


With a color of almost blood-red in the center and a lighter rim, I knew this wine was going to be fucking great. It has never treated me wrong in past vintages so why would it be any different? Notes of blackberry and earth tones on the nose with a light stew-likeness (is that a word) that followed. On the palate it was pretty much the same as it was in my hooter, yet this time the tannins were there and making sure that I did not forget about then. How the hell could I when they made my mouth stand at attention? They were firm yet had perfect balance and acidity with the rest of the wine. Again at $62 per bottle, so one might not be cracking these open for dinner anytime soon. Matter fact I would wait a few years before I even cracked one anyway. Another great vintage for La Cote Rousse.

No comments:

Post a Comment