Monday, March 30, 2009

NV Pine & Post Riesling $6.99


Sorry but since this Riesling has no vintage and is not on the market yet, I could not get a picture of the label. I was actually the 2nd person in New Jersey to taste this wine from my home state of Washington.

This is a Non-Vintage blend of 85% Riesling and 15% Chenin Blanc. I'm not sure were the vineyards are since the person that was tasting me on the wines had no clue as well. I will assume that the grapes are sourced from a few different vineyards within the Columbia Valley. With a shelf tag of only $7 I can't imagine that the fruit is from Red Mountain or Walla Walla.

Almost clear in color with light honey notes and a slight spice of lychee nut. There was also a canned pear nose and the same on the palate. Nice green apple notes with great acidity and good balance. Finish was refreshing and clean. Lasted about 15 seconds. Hints of minerals and wet rock follow the finish.

Great little Riesling for the price. Alc. was around 11% with an RS of 2%.

Tasted 3/25/09 via Gallo

No comments:

Post a Comment